Top Ten Teaching Ideas for Celebrating Art Show Week
2. Turn your living room into a museum with art created by your children.
3. Research an artist, dress up as him/her, and make a presentation where the artist talks about his/her life and work.
4. Create art in the style of your favorite artist, and organize an at home art show around different artists.
5. Use pages from old art calendars or art books to create your own themed art show in the living room. Make displays of different themed art either by subject, time period, region, or artist.
6. For younger children, read a picture book and create art or a craft based on the story.
8. Make messy art outdoors or use natural materials (berries, leaves, sticks, mud) as your media.
9. Set up independent learning centers for different artists or have your children do it for each other.
10. Create lots and lots of art! See the videos below for a tutorial.
Download all of these ideas in a convenient PDF.
Videos for Art Show Day
Teaching Art in Your Homeschool
Looking for resources to help teach your homeschool students art? Join our panel of experienced homeschool mothers, along with our featured guest See the Light, as we discuss tips, tricks and techniques for teaching art, even for those of us who can’t draw a stick person.
Yes, You Can Teach Art in Your Homeschool
Does the idea of teaching art and tackling the basics overwhelm you? Would you like to enjoy teaching art or find new and creative ways to fold it into your homeschool? Our special guest, Tricia Hodges of Southern Hodgepodge, will be joining us and sharing her tips and encouragement on teaching art in your homeschool.
Apple Chalk Pastel Tutorial
Art for all ages with a quick art tutorial in chalk pastels by Lucia Hames.
You May Also Like
- FREE Homeschool Printables Week 2017 - February 20, 2017
- Homeschool Unit Studies for Notable People Born in March - February 16, 2017
- What’s Working and What’s Not 2017 - February 13, 2017
- 5 Day Homeschool Hopscotch - February 6, 2017
- Homeschool Mother’s Journal – February 2017 - February 3, 2017