Whether you’re just starting out or are already a seasoned homeschooler, discouragement hits us all at one point or another. We all doubt our decisions, worry about curriculum choices, and have moments of sheer panic. The inner voice asks, “What am I doing? This is crazy! I can’t educate my children at home!” Or maybe that voice screams out in frustration, “I’m utterly spent. I can’t take one more minute of confusing fractions, tedious read alouds, or messy science experiments!”
Sometimes all we want is simply a proper dining room instead of a cluttered, homeschool disaster area where the table used to be.
On the worst of days, we have all looked longingly at the flashing lights of a yellow bus and considered —for one brief moment —putting our kids on it.
These negative feelings about homeschooling are the genesis of this book. Despite our very real feelings of wanting to quit, we, the bloggers of iHomeschool Network, have persisted in the path of educating at home. And we can tell you that it is worth pushing through the stress, exhaustion, and fear.
This book addresses nearly every potential frustration point that a homeschool mom faces. We tackle the irritations that make you want to throw in the towel for good:
- having toddlers and babies along for the ride
- working from home while homeschooling
- high school!
- feeling under-appreciated
- feeling inadequate as a teacher
- having your own emotional meltdowns
- handling things solo as a single mom or one whose husband is frequently away from home
- raising a special needs child
- dealing with a family crisis, job loss, or a move
- being burned out
- feeling the criticism of others, maybe even family members or your own husband
- being totally unorganized with school record keeping
- living in a messy, chaotic, loud house
See a copy of the full Table of Contents here (PDF) to see exactly what all 56 chapters are about. This is a digital product in PDF, MOBI, and EPUB formats with over 250 pages of uplifting, but not sugar coated, practical help for 56 different reasons you might want to quit homeschooling.
Immediately after purchase, you will receive an email with a link to download this digital resource.
Also available in PRINT on Amazon.