Tell someone that you homeschool, and the first question that you get is probably about the s-word– socialization. How will your children be socialized? How will they make friends? How will they learn to cope in a world of so many people if you keep them locked away at home all day without a classroom of 24 other peers?
Well, the bloggers of iHomeschool Network have a lot of experience with answering these questions. Sometimes we answer with grace and patience. Other times we may respond with a bit of humor, sarcasm, or even snark. Whatever flavor you want, you will find it here in these posts that address the socialization issue. Or non-issue as the case may be.
Thank you to this linkup’s sponsor, Fascinating Education, where learning science has never been easier. Fascinating Education uses an audio-visual technique to teach science in a step-by-step manner using plain English and clear illustration. This “right-hemispheric” learning approach takes advantage of the brain’s ability to process images more efficiently and more effectively than just reading text.
- Socialization in the Homeschool by Jennifer at Forever, For Always, No Matter What
- Smart Socialization for Homeschoolers by Cindy at Our Journey Westward
- How I Shelter My Children by Mary at Homegrown Learners
- The Socialization Secret by Sharla at The Chaos and the Clutter
- Solving the Socialization Dilemma by Selena at Look, We’re Learning
- Socialization During the High School Years by Jimmie at Jimmie’s Collage
- Socialization is a Bunch of Malarkey by Jamie at See Jamie Blog
- The How To’s of Homeschool Socialization by Heidi at Starts at Eight
- Socialization: Not in my homeschool! by LaToya at Learning to Let Him Lead
- Looking for the “S” Word by Renee at Great Peace Academy
- Homeschool Confession: I Don’t Want My Boys to Be “Socialized” by Crystal at Serving Joyfully
- The Healthy Social Life of a Homeschooled Teen by Amy at Adorable Chaos
- Homeschool Socialization: An Imaginary Problem by Michelle at The Holistic Homeschooler
- A Homeschool Grad’s Perspective on Socialization by Heather at Golden Reflections
- Socialization – A Homeschool Hallucination? by Tina at Tina’s Dynamic Homeschool Plus
- Homeschooling Socialization for Shy Ones by Sarah at Small World at Home
- Are Your Children Socialized? by Tricia at Hodge Podge
- The Truth About Homeschooling and Socialization by Marianne at Abundant Life
- Let’s Hope They’re Not Socialized! by MacKenzie at Bold Turquoise
- Homeschooling: Why Socialization Matters by Heather at Cultivating Lives
- Oh NO! I forgot about Socialization! by Gabby at Work of Childhood
- Socializing the Sanguine Child by Dianna at The Kennedy Adventures
- You Say Sheltering As If It’s A Bad Thing…. by Laurie at Our Abundant Blessings
- How to Develop Social Skills Without Socialization by Megan at Education Possible
- What Is Socialization Anyway? by Marci at The Homeschool Scientist
- What’s the Point of Socialization? by Shannen at Middle Way Mom
- The Truth about Homeschooling and Socialization by Adrienne at The Mommy Mess
- Do Homeschoolers Need to Be Socialized? by Amber at Classic Housewife
For even more about socialization, wacth our Sept. 12 socialization iHomeschool Hangout recorded live on Google Plus.
Do you have a relevant post to share? Join us by linking up your own posts below. Click the little blue button below.