Tell someone that you homeschool, and the first question that you get is probably about the s-word– socialization. How will your children be socialized? How will they make friends? How will they learn to cope in a world of so many people if you keep them locked away at home all day without a classroom of 24 other peers?
Well, the bloggers of iHomeschool Network have a lot of experience with answering these questions. Sometimes we answer with grace and patience. Other times we may respond with a bit of humor, sarcasm, or even snark. Whatever flavor you want, you will find it here in these posts that address the socialization issue. Or non-issue as the case may be.
unique printable homeschool & life planner
EDUCATIONAL QUOTE PLANNER
Instead of using solid lines to form outlines and grids, the "lines" are actual quotes from authors and historical figures!
Thank you to this linkup’s sponsor, Fascinating Education, where learning science has never been easier. Fascinating Education uses an audio-visual technique to teach science in a step-by-step manner using plain English and clear illustration. This “right-hemispheric” learning approach takes advantage of the brain’s ability to process images more efficiently and more effectively than just reading text.
- Socialization in the Homeschool by Jennifer at Forever, For Always, No Matter What
- Smart Socialization for Homeschoolers by Cindy at Our Journey Westward
- How I Shelter My Children by Mary at Homegrown Learners
- The Socialization Secret by Sharla at The Chaos and the Clutter
- Solving the Socialization Dilemma by Selena at Look, We’re Learning
- Socialization During the High School Years by Jimmie at Jimmie’s Collage
- Socialization is a Bunch of Malarkey by Jamie at See Jamie Blog
- The How To’s of Homeschool Socialization by Heidi at Starts at Eight
- Socialization: Not in my homeschool! by LaToya at Learning to Let Him Lead
- Looking for the “S” Word by Renee at Great Peace Academy
- Homeschool Confession: I Don’t Want My Boys to Be “Socialized” by Crystal at Serving Joyfully
- The Healthy Social Life of a Homeschooled Teen by Amy at Adorable Chaos
- Homeschool Socialization: An Imaginary Problem by Michelle at The Holistic Homeschooler
- A Homeschool Grad’s Perspective on Socialization by Heather at Golden Reflections
- Socialization – A Homeschool Hallucination? by Tina at Tina’s Dynamic Homeschool Plus
- Homeschooling Socialization for Shy Ones by Sarah at Small World at Home
- Are Your Children Socialized? by Tricia at Hodge Podge
- The Truth About Homeschooling and Socialization by Marianne at Abundant Life
- Let’s Hope They’re Not Socialized! by MacKenzie at Bold Turquoise
- Homeschooling: Why Socialization Matters by Heather at Cultivating Lives
- Oh NO! I forgot about Socialization! by Gabby at Work of Childhood
- Socializing the Sanguine Child by Dianna at The Kennedy Adventures
- You Say Sheltering As If It’s A Bad Thing…. by Laurie at Our Abundant Blessings
- How to Develop Social Skills Without Socialization by Megan at Education Possible
- What Is Socialization Anyway? by Marci at The Homeschool Scientist
- What’s the Point of Socialization? by Shannen at Middle Way Mom
- The Truth about Homeschooling and Socialization by Adrienne at The Mommy Mess
- Do Homeschoolers Need to Be Socialized? by Amber at Classic Housewife
For even more about socialization, wacth our Sept. 12 socialization iHomeschool Hangout recorded live on Google Plus.
Do you have a relevant post to share? Join us by linking up your own posts below. Click the little blue button below.