This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our privacy and disclosure policy for more details
It’s summer! Oh Yeah! What’s a homeschooling mom to do while the kids are out of school?
Then again maybe you are a year around kind of homeschooler and you only take a few weeks off here and there throughout summer so that you can take more time off throughout the school year. On the one hand it’s time to take some time off, don’t ya think, let the kids be kids and mom can focus a little more on things that get pushed to the end of the school year, like a late spring, ahem, summer cleaning. On the other hand, you don’t want to let them grow lazy or complacent about learning. So perhaps it’s a good idea to find a good balance between the two.
Summer can either be a relaxed time of the year where you do nothing more than let kids be kids and you can focus on reenergizing and preparing for the next year. Or, it can be a time of fun field trips, hands-on learning, or physical education. There really is no right way or wrong way to approach the season, whatever approach works best for you is what you should do.
That being said, here are ten things the homeschool mom bloggers of iHomeschool Network are doing with their summer season.
- 4 Ways to Give Your Kids the Blessing of Boredom – HomescHool Your Boys
- 7 MUST DO Homeschool End of Year Tasks– Homeschool Your Boys
- 7 Summer Break Tasks for the Homeschool Mom – Annie & Everything
- Amazing Books for Summer Reading Part 1 & Part 2 – Aspired Living
- Creating a Summer Bucket List – Aspired Living
- Ideas for Summer Activities – Annie & Everything
- Planning for a Fun Summer Break – Annie & Everything
- Seven Summer Ideas for a Better Homeschool Year– Ed Snapshots
- Space Exploration Unit – Adventures in Mommydom
- The Guide to Summer Reading Programs – Aspired Living
Do you have a Top Ten Tuesday post to share? Join us by linking up your own posts below. Click the little blue button below.
- Engaging Activities for Kids to Do During the Winter Months - December 31, 2018
- Gifts Every Homeschool Mom will Love - November 26, 2018
- Christmas Gift Guides 2018 - November 12, 2018
- 100 Things for Homeschooling Families - November 5, 2018
- Homeschool Books for Every Interest in the Family - October 29, 2018