Everyone loves picture books! Those of you with little ones have the privilege of reading these delightful gems every day. Those of you with older children might see him or her tiptoe in the room to quietly listen as you read to your younger ones. And some of you may be blessed to witness, out of the corner of your eye, an older child taking another peek at a long forgotten picture book on the shelf.
This blog hop is in honor of our love for picture books, no matter how old our children are. A Book and a Big Idea shares a treasured picture book and one or more activities to enrich the story. The Big Idea may be a craft, a recipe, a printable, anything goes! All of the books in this hop pertain to spring or Easter. Join us again in September for an autumn hop!
- Roxaboxen Unit Study from Stacie
- Activities for the Book Hello Ocean from Selena
- Gregor Mendal: Friar Who Grew Peas from Stephanie
- Mysteries in Our National Parks from Eva
- Audrey Bunny and a Watercolor Lesson from Lara
- Notebooking with Franklin the Turtle from Heidi
- High Seas Adventure with The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle from Heather
- Because of Winn Dixie from Ticia
- The Raft from Karyn
- Two Bad Ants from Lauren