We’re bringing you our Summer edition of Book and a Big Idea. Whether you love hanging out at the beach or pool, or you like to spend the summer watching the kids in the backyard summer is a time of family-friendly fun! But, that doesn’t mean that the learning stops. It’s a great time to dive into a fun summer unit study.
Gather the kids on the back deck, pull out a summer themed book, and enjoy some fun summer learning with these Book and a Big Idea Unit studies.
- Busy With Bugs: A summer of insect unit study ideas! from Erin at The Usual Mayhem
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Activities, Crafts, and More! by Laura at Awe Filled Homemaker
- Chronicles of Narnia: Unit Study, Activities, and recipe! by Laura at Awe Filled Homemaker
- DIY Beach Play Sand: Curious George Goes to the Beach by Selena at Look! We’re Learning!
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Printables and Activities from Tara at Homeschool Preschool
- How Your Garden Grows – Berenstain Bears Grow-It! by Ashley at Forgetful Momma
- Kindergarten Books and Activities: We’re Going on a Bear Hunt from Ashley at Some Random Lady
- Learning about Forests Books and Activities by Sara at Embracing Destiny
- Making a Cloud Book: A Cloud & Wind Study by Cassidy at Freshly Planted
- Nim’s Island Book Club ~ A Tropical Salt Dough Island Party School by Dachelle at Hide the Chocolate
- Poppy Book Club ~ A Party School with Poop! by Dachelle at Hide the Chocolate
- Printables and Activities for The Enormous Turnip from Tara at Embark on the Journey
- Same Kind of Different as Me- A Free Mini Unit Study! by Shelly at There’s No Place Like Home
- The Very Lonely Firefly Art Project for Kids by Emily at Table Life Blog
- Why the Sea is Salty: Salt Dough and Sensory Bins by Sara at Embracing Destiny
What are your favorite summer time books? Let us know in comments below.