Say What? iHN is Leaving Facebook!?
We launched the iHomeschool Network Facebook page on January 1, 2012. Two years later, we reached the milestone of ten thousand fans. It’s been a great ride, and we thank Facebook for giving us the opportunity to meet so many great homeschool moms on their free platform. To our fans who clicked the like button, we appreciate you!
We have some great giveaways at the bottom of the page.
But for 2014, we have chosen to refocus our efforts elsewhere. That means that we are going to stop posting regularly to our Facebook page. In essence, iHomeschool Network is leaving Facebook.
Why are you leaving Facebook?
We love our 10,000 fans on Facebook! But we know that you visit Facebook to connect with friends and family. So instead of trying to game the system or pay Facebook to show you our posts, we are letting Facebook revert to what most users (and Facebook) want it to be — a network where you laugh at silly pet photos and find out how your cousins and high school classmates are doing. We aren’t going to post our bloggers’ content there anymore. And we won’t have anymore Facebook parties either.
Are you deleting your Facebook page?
No, but we won’t be spending much time there.
How can we keep up with what iHN is doing?
Getting information to your inbox is the safest way to be informed because you will always get the message (until you choose to unsubscribe). So the best way to keep in touch with iHN is to subscribe to our helpful tips and occasional event updates. Be assured that we never sell our list or sell access to our list to advertisers. Any promotional content you get is straight from us — our events and news.
Other ways to keep up with iHN:
- circle us on Google Plus
- watch our weekly hangouts
- listen to the hangouts via iTunes podcast
- follow us on Pinterest
- subscribe to our YouTube channel
- connect with your favorite iHN bloggers through their RSS subscription options
Are your 100 bloggers going to abandon Facebook or delete their pages?
Some might, but it’s their own decision. We are talking about the iHomeschool Network Facebook page only.
But iHN does social media! How can you leave Facebook?
Yes, we remain committed to our purpose — connecting homeschoolers through the power of social media. We will be using an even richer approach to social media than before as we experiment with new strategies and invest in new platforms.
Social media is constantly changing, and part of being on the cutting edge of innovation is keeping up with those changes. Our own business model has to reflect the developments that we see coming down the line. So although we know homeschool moms are active on Facebook, we think we can reach them more effectively outside of Facebook.
What’s a party without prizes? And this going away party has them –fifty-four, in fact. Enter to win below.
From Abundant Life
- Dyslexia 101 value $5.99 – Lynne B
- Complete set of WorldWind Production Documentaries – Courtney Bautista
- Wild Eyes: The Abby Sunderland Story value $22.50
- Intrepid: The Zac Sunderland Story Parts 1 & 2 value $45.00
From Bright Ideas Press
- Young Scholar’s Guide to Composers value $24.95 – Sasha Peterson
- WonderMaps value $49.95 – Sherry Hellen
- Super Supplemental Collection for The Mystery of History value $59.95 – Melinda Cole
From Southern Hodgepodge
- Five winners A Simple Start in Chalk Pastels: Winter Olympics ebooks value $4.99 – Rubynelle Kelley, Jennifer Blake, Beth Hoffman Bullington, Krystle Coe, and Marian Edger
- Three winners Art for All Ages Curriculum Bundles value $29.99 – Stacey Crossley, Christine Bailey, and Joellen Gowing
- Three winners eCookbook bundles value $4.99 – Stephanie Lentell, Lisa Martin, and Stacy Smith-Frost
- Three winners Help! I’m Homeschooling: Helpful Habits for the Heart of Homeschooling value $4.99 – Nicole Bowling Sparks, Suzanne Spizzirri Stem, and Bonnie Sue
- Ultimate Homeschool Expo Ticket – Full Year value $89.95 – Holly Woo Brown
- Homeschooling with Proverbs value $89.95 – Bai Yun
- Creation Science Bundles – Your Choice – eProduct value $29.99-39.99 – Jenny Unger
- Truth Seekers Mystery Series 3-Novels – PDF downloadable value $27.00 – Michelle Sampson Vielbig
- Science Bundle: An Insider’s Guide to Successful Science Fair Projects & Teaching Science & Having Fun value $27.00 – Becky Holland
- Three Winners Ultimate Unit Study Planner value $4.99 – Becky Howrey Liscombe, Wendy Pierce, and Kelly Swartz Bausher
- Two Winners New Bee Homeschooler Program value $105.00 – Melissa Meacham and Susan Wojciechowski
- Ten Winners Classic Printable Cover for a Homeschool Planner value $1.00 – Marie-Josee Binette, Heather Smith, Dawn Prudhomme, Cassandra Orozco, Eva Simon Husky, Clarinda Olenslager, Diane LaFlair, Tracy Richardson, Carrie Couper Menkari, and Sheena Hendricks
From Great Peace Academy
- 3 winners 2 Year Everything Blog Planner value $7.99 – Cassie Raithel Williams, Kristin Albee, and Ruth Parcells
- 3 winners Ohio Homeschooling Guide & Directory value $5.99 – Kimberly Ingalls, Tina Turner Honeycutt, and Ember Johnson Walker
From Blue Manor Education
- Preschool and Kindergarten Phonics eBook Set value $14.99 – Melanie Busby
- Vocabulary Builder eBook Set value $12.99 – Cathy Harding
From Silver Dolphin Books
- PLAY-DOH: Let’s Create Letters value $16.95 – Nicole Marino Brigger
- PLAY-DOH: Let’s Create Shapes value $16.95 – Charlene Chartier
- Science Lab value $16.95 – Kimberly Roberts
From Maestro Classics
- Maestro Classics’ Peter and The Wolf, a Story and Music CD, with music by the London Philharmonic Orchestra value $16.99 – Kelly Tillotson
- Maestro Classics’ Tortoise and the Hare, Story and Music CD, with music by the London Philharmonic Orchestra value $16.99 – Michelle Axton Kelly
- Maestro Classics’ Story and Music CD Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel, with music by the London Philharmonic Orchestra value $16.99 – Carlen Cooper
- WriteShop Primary (grades K-3), including Teacher’s Guide and Activity Pack. Winners’ choice of Book A, B, or C value $26.95 – Cristin Stebelton