Cooking is a basic life skill that every adult should have at least a modicum of knowledge of how to do. Having the advantage of having our children home with us makes it easier to incorporate cooking skills into homeschool routines.
Whether it’s starting with the basics of boiling water or chopping veggies, the earlier we can get our kids involved in the cooking process the better they’ll be able to build their cooking skills. Even though we live in a modern age where microwaves and pre-cooked meals are easily accessible, it’s important to teach specific skills, knife skills, shopping and meal planning skills, as well as food safety, are just some of the cooking skills needed for healthy living.
Cooking Skills for Homeschoolers
This week we’re sharing these 21 posts to help you hone in on cooking skills to teach your kids in homeschool.
- 5 Days of Baking with Kids by Tatiana at The Musings of Mum
- 5 Tips for Teaching Your Child to Cook by Virginia at That Bald Chick
- Adding Cooking to the Curriculum by Alison at Learning Mama
- Apple Pie: A Sweet Recipe for Homeschool Fun by Pat at PatAndCandy.com
- Are You Teaching LIfe Skills With a Creative Flair? by Pat at PatAndCandy.com
- Creating a Kid-Friendly Kitchen by Rebecca at Line upon Line Learning
- Easy Arabic Alphabet Cupcakes by Gemma at Our Muslim Homeschool
- Encouraging a Love of Cooking with Great Children’s Cookbooks by Rebecca at Line upon LIne Learning
- Getting Your Kids in the Kitchen by Ashley at Forgetful Momma
- Healthy Kids in the Kitchen by Cindy at Our Journey Westward
- How to Find the Time to Help Your Kids Learn to Cook by Jen at Practical, By Default
- Kid-Friendly Kitchen: Recipes for Kids by Rebecca at Line upon Line Learning
- Kids in the Kitchen: Easy Paleo Chicken Nuggets by Lara at Everyday Graces
- Kids’ Kitchen: Ancient Greek Dinner by Dachelle at Hide The Chocolate
- Kids’ Kitchen: Vegetable Soup by Dachelle at Hide The Chocolate
- Kids Pizzeria in my Kitchen by Ashley at Forgetful Momma
- Life Skills as High School Electives: Cooking Basics for Teens by Heidi at Starts At Eight
- Ratatouille: A Simple Recipe for Kids and Movie Study by Lara at Everyday Graces
- Teaching Kids to Cook with Confidence by Lara at Everyday Graces
- .The Benefits of Cooking and Baking With Children by Erin at The Usual Mayhem
What tips do you have for teaching cooking skills in homeschool?