If you’ve watched my Day In the Life video, you saw me jumping on a trampoline first thing in the morning. This is something I try to do for a few minutes every morning I usually put a song and and bounce until the song is done. But Why? Exercising for homeschool moms is a crucial step in daily well-being.
Exercising for Homeschool Moms: Benefits of Rebounding
Jumping on a mini trampoline is also known as rebounding and it’s awesome! There are so many benefits to rebounding you can check out this blog post I found. It helps drain the Lymph system in your body which helps detoxify the body and improves your immune system and so much more!
- Boosts lymphatic drainage and immune function
- Great for skeletal system and increasing bone mass
- 20 minutes of rebounding = 1 hour of running for cardiovascular workout (YEA for busy moms!)
- Easy on the bones and joints
- Rebounding strengthens the heart muscle
- Body detoxification
- Helps improve digestion
- Rebounding helps circulate oxygen throughout the body to increase energy.
- More than twice as effective as running
- Increases endurance on a cellular level by stimulating mitochondrial production
- Helps improve balance by stimulating the vestibule in the middle ear
- Rebounding in a whole body exercise that improves muscle tone throughout the body.
- MY KIDS LOVE IT TOO!
In the 80s NASA studied its benefits while trying to find an effective way to help astronauts recover and regain bone and muscle mass after being in space. Some of the findings of the NASA study:
- When the astronauts were tested while running on a treadmill, the G-force measured at the ankle was over twice what it was at the back and head. This means that the foot and leg absorb much of the force when running, which can explain the higher rates of foot, shin and knee problems from running (especially running incorrectly). On a trampoline, the G-force was almost identical at the ankle, back and head and at a lower level than that of the G-force at the ankle on a treadmill. This shows that rebounding can exercise the entire body without excess pressure to the feet and legs.
- “The external work output at equivalent levels of oxygen uptake were significantly greater while trampolining than running. The greatest difference was about 68%.” In other words, the increased G-force in rebounding means you get more benefit with less oxygen used and less exertion on the heart.
- ”Averting the deconditioning that occurs during the immobilization of bed rest or space flight, due to a lack of gravireceptor stimulation (in addition to other factors), requires an acceleration profile that can be delivered at a relatively low metabolic cost. . .for equivalent metabolic cost, and acceleration profile from jumping will provide greater stimuli to gravireceptors.” In other words, the acceleration and deceleration of rebounding provides benefits on a cellular level and at a greater rate than other forms of exercise like running.
So, You ONLY rebound for a few min a day?
I LOVE starting my day with a quick rebound session, but typically in the evening I’ll bounce while I watch Netflix on my laptop after the kids are asleep for 20-30 min. Not every evening because as you know, being a working homeschool mom is exsusting. But I try to do it a few times a week at least.
Rebounding With Arthritis?
As you know I LOVE rebounding. That’s mostly because I have RA (remitted arthritis) and I have days that my joints hurt so much I don’t want to get out of bed. Once I started rebounding I’ve noticed a big difference, by bouncing for just a few min each morning its like it wake up my joints in a gentle way. Plus I feel like I can really get a sweat on in the evening, which is new for me. Typically my joints start to hurt before the workout is over. NOT with rebounding! I feel like I could do it all day NO JOINT PAIN!
AWESOME! Which Rebound Should I Get?
When I first started researching rebounders it was very overwhelming. They sell them from $30 all the way up to $600 . So which one is right for you?
Personally I got this one, because it fit our budget and budget ALWAYS comes first in this house. I’ve had it for over a year now and I’m still very happy with it!
HOWEVER…. If money was no conserion or if YOU wanted to buy me something for Christmas, This is my DREAM rebounder!
So, have you tried rebounding? Do you LOVE it as much as me.