This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our privacy and disclosure policy for more details
We’ve gathered a resource list of homeschool math programs that can be beneficial to you all along the homeschooling road to math success.
Homeschool math is perhaps one of the most talked about curricula among homeschooling moms. That’s because it can be one of the most difficult subjects to teach. Each type of curricula offers a different approach and incorporates different methods. From the traditional to the spiral method and from hands-on manipulative tools to mastery of skills teaching math in homeschool can be a bit overwhelming.
Sometimes, we want simple. While homeschool moms want a good, strong, curricula helping to ensure that children have a good foundation in understanding mathematics the reality is, sometimes we also want a simple way to ensure that children are building their skill and knowledge. Other times we want to ensure that our kids know their math facts without feeling like a drill sergeant during the process.
Online math programs can serve as a complete curriculum and is a great way to outsource math learning while allowing students to learn in the home. It eases the burden of mom, or dad, by allowing children to learn from online videos, or through live classes. This means that another teacher explains the lessons while students then do work to learn and practice the skills being taught. For live classes the students may submit work for review by the teacher, while video classes may have practice programming which guides the student through the material.
Supplemental math programs can also be of great value to both the parent and the student. A supplemental online math program can allow students to learn in a more passive way. Removing preconceptions, and set requirements, from the educational equation can in fact make for a fun learning experience. Whether it be through game play, or animated examples, allowing your student to utilize supplemental online math programs in addition to your homeschool math curriculum can take the worry away from moms and the frustration away from kids allowing for more natural learning to occur.
But having a core math curriculum also has it’s benefits. Having an all encompassing program that we can be sure teaches all the necessary foundations for math can ease the mind knowing we are building our kids for future classes, especially those they may need in college.
Starting with elementary math all the way through high school math we want to help you sort through the homeschool math programs to help you find just the right option meet your unique situation.
Homeschool Math Programs
- Interactive Math Book Subscription for Fun Math at Royal Baloo
- HoliMaths X: Multiplication Card Game at Contented at Home
- CTC Math Review for Younger Students at PK1 Homeschool Fun
- Easy to Use Homeschool Math Curriculum at Math Geek Mama
- Math Mammoth Elementary Homeschool Math Curriculum at Starts at Eight
Math for Middle School
- With the Right Tools You CAN Teach Middle School Math! at Embark on the Journey
- Conquering Pre-Algebra With Uzinggo Online Math at Classic Housewife
- Math Mammoth Homeschool Math Curriculum at The Homeschool Scientist
- Saxon Math Videos: Tools for Teaching Middle School Math at Life as Lanhams
- Economical Math Curriculum Options for Middle & High School at Annie and Everything
High School Math
- Looking ahead: Algebra, SAT Prep and University! at Our Muslim Homeschool
- How to Find Core Math Curriculum for Homeschool High School at Renée at Great Peace
- Interactive Homeschool Math Curriculum at The Homeschool Scientist
- Help and Hope for High School Math at Home at Walking by the Way
- DragonBox Geometry Game at Mama Jenn
Math for Special Needs Learners
- Managing ADHD Math Problems with Mr. D. Math at Look We’re Learning
- iPracticeMath for Online Math Practice at Homeschooling with Dyslexia
- Problem Based Learning with Kendall Hunt Publishing at Weller Momma Blog
- Self-paced Online Math with Redbird Mathematics by Sallie Borrink
- Teaching Gifted Math at Blog She Wrote
What are your favorite homeschool math programs? We’d love to hear what you are using. Just tell us in the comment section below. And be sure to check out our Massive Guide to Homeschool Math for even more great ideas for teaching math in your school.
- Engaging Activities for Kids to Do During the Winter Months - December 31, 2018
- Gifts Every Homeschool Mom will Love - November 26, 2018
- Christmas Gift Guides 2018 - November 12, 2018
- 100 Things for Homeschooling Families - November 5, 2018
- Homeschool Books for Every Interest in the Family - October 29, 2018