This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our privacy and disclosure policy for more details
Homeschool moms can get so bogged down wth time seeming to be ever elusive. Yet we know that if fail to fill our own cups, we’ll soon find we are empty and unable to fill the cups of our children, spouses, friends, and others. We need to take the time to care for ourselves as we are caring for others. But the question remains… how do I make myself a priority as a homeschool mom?
“Dear Mom, let me tell you if you do not take care of y ou that you will not be able to go the distance.” – Mary Clendenin, The Big Book of Homeschooling Ideas.
While homeschooling is a wonderful endeavor it can be hard and be demanding. It can sap our energy and leave us feeling exhausted, uninspired and without joy. It’s imperative that you find ways to care for your own needs, to learn how to prioritize yourself as you balance the other demands on your time. With that knowledge, we are sharing with you tips on how to make yourself a priority as you go through the homeschooling years.
Tips for Making Self a Priority
- Self Care For Moms Without Feeling Guilty by Amy at Raising the Extraordinary
- The Key to a Healthy Homeschool: Make Mom a Priority by Courtney at Grace, Grow & Edify
- Super-Mom, It’s Okay to Say No: Self-Care for the Chronically Overscheduled by Ginny at Not So Formulaic
- Self care is a must for moms! at See Jamie Blog
- Finding Quiet Time As A Homeschool Mom by Kim at Homestead Acres
- How to Make Yourself a Priority in Your Homeschool. by Kim at The Learning Hypothesis
- Six Self-Care Solutions for Homeschooling Mothers by Latonya at Joy in the Ordinary
- Carving Out Time for Mommy by Latonya at Joy in the Ordinary
- Why You Should (or not?) Celebrate a Sabbath by Pat at PatAndCandy
- Moms: Take Time to Color – and Be All the Better For It! by Pat at PatAndCandy
- An Empty Cup: When Mom Neglects Herself by Melanie at Wind in a Letterbox
- How to Make Time for You While Homeschooling by Sara at Classically Homeschooling
What about you? What are you doing in your own life to make yourself a priority? Maybe it’s setting aside time to walk each day, or plant and keep a garden. It might be that you spend time each day in prayer or meditation or you’ve dedicated time to read for entertainment. Whatever it is, share one way that you are prioritizing yourself in the comments below.
- Free STEM Morning Board Printables - March 13, 2019
- Would You Rather Questions for Kids: Autumn Themed - September 21, 2018
- Fabulous Fall Fun Facebook Party - September 10, 2018
- Back to Homeschool Gift Basket Giveaway Event - August 6, 2018
- 101 Reasons to Consider - February 12, 2018