This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our privacy and disclosure policy for more details
Sometimes, despite your best intentions, despite your best efforts a child has a will that resists being taught. Which might leave you feeling as if you are constantly in a tug-of-war between knowing what is best for your child and their independent spirit. It’s a tough situation to be sure.
You aren’t without options. Maybe you have to change your pre-conceived idea of what learning is supposed to look like. Or, perhaps, you might want to learn how to take the child where they are and let active play become a learning experience. But being a homeschooling family affords you the opportunity to investigate a variety of methods, options, and learning styles, to find what might work best for your child. The best part is that if something isn’t working you are able to switch gears and try something different.
We’ve gathered ideas to help you homeschool your resistant child.
Ideas for Homeschooling Your Resistant Child
- 5 Steps to Homeschooling Peace When You have a Strong-Willed, Intense, Child by Danielle at Blessedly Busy
- 10 Homeschooling Strategies to Use with Your Resistant Child by Shelly at There’s No Place Like Home
- Five Tips for Homeschooling Your Strong-Willed Child by Ginny at Not So Formulaic
- Homeschooling with ADHD Children by Karyn at Teach Beside Me
- Homeschooling Your Anxious Child by Nadine at Up Above The Rowan Tree
- How to Handle Kids Who Don’t Like to Read by Jimmie at Jimmie’s Collage
- How to Homeschool a Child Who Doesn’t Want to Do Schoolwork by Erin at The Usual Mayhem
- How to Homeschool an Active Preschooler by Rebecca at Line upon Line Learning
- How to Homeschool the Child Who Hates Math by Misty at Joy in the Journey
- How to Solve a Pre-Teen’s Creative Writing Struggle by Renée at Great Peace Academy
- The Challenge of Homeschooling When Learning Isn’t Easy by Kim at The Learning Hypothesis
- When Homeschooling Doesn’t Work (for just one of your kids) by Beth at Techie Homeschool Mom
- When Your Homeschooled Child Doesn’t Like to Read by Jimmie at Jimmie’s Collage
- When They Want to Go to Public School by Tara at Embark on the Journey