Does your homeschooler plan to attend college? Homeschool to college with Thiel College would be an excellent choice!
I was excited to learn about Thiel College and all that it offers homeschooled students.
Thiel College (pronounced “teal”) was founded in 1866 as a coeducational institution in western Pennsylvania. Thiel is an independent liberal arts college rooted in the Lutheran tradition. With over 60+ majors and minors to chose from, students have a wide variety of study.
Location, Location, Location
Residents are only a 90 minutes’ drive from both Pittsburgh and Cleveland. Therefore, students at Thiel have plenty of opportunities for internships, educational trips, and entertainment. The campus location offers students the best of both worlds. Students can enjoy the nature of the western Pennsylvania countryside and still take advantage of cultural experiences offered in nearby urban cities.
Consider these perks!
- 11:1 student-faculty ratio
- 100+ clubs, teams, and organizations
- 70% of classes have less than 20 students.
- 100% complete one or more internships or a practicum prior to graduation.
- 80% of faculty hold the highest degree in their field
- Graduates often go on to study at top institutions like Duke, Harvard, Oxford, University of Chicago, Vanderbilt, and Yale.
Homeschool to College With Thiel
The transition from homeschool to college can be challenging and Thiel offers a welcoming environment for homeschooled students. It is a great mix of a small close-knit community with the opportunity for more experiences as your student gets settled.
On-campus, your student will be surrounded by supportive staff and focused peers. 95% of students live on campus, making study groups, friendships, and support easily accessible. Off-campus, there’s plenty to explore! Western PA is full is attractions, dining, historical landmarks, and outdoor activities.
Thiel offers 60+ majors and minors, as well as academic offerings such a studying abroad and pre-professional programs. Check out this list of programs!
Bachelor’s Degree Programs
Business & Accounting
- Business Administration – Advertising & Marketing
- Business Administration – Culinary Arts
- Business Administration – Finance
- Business Administration – General
- Business Administration – Human Resource Management
- Business Administration – Mortuary Science
- Business Administration – Sports Management
- Business Administration – Supply Chain Management
- Forensic Accounting
- International Business
- Business & Financial Journalism
- Communication Studies
- Media & Journalism – Digital & Print Media
- Media & Journalism – Television, Radio & Online Media
- Public Relations, Advertising & Integrated Marketing Communication
- Early Childhood/Special Education
- Secondary Education – Biology
- Secondary Education – Chemistry
- Secondary Education – English
- Secondary Education – History
- Secondary Education – Math
- Comm. Sciences & Disorders (B.S.) (B.S./M.S.)
- Exercise Science
- Health Systems
- Medical Technology
- Physician Assistant (B.A./M.S.)
- English Creative Writing
- English Drama
- English Literature
- English Professional Writing
- Theology and Youth Ministry
- Criminal Justice Studies
- Political Science
- Psychology – Counseling
- Psychology – Cognitive
- Psychology – General
- Psychology – Social
- Public Policy
- Conservation Biology
- Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Safety Management
- Environmental Science
Mathematics & Computer Science
- Actuarial Studies
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Information Systems Business Information
- Information Systems E-Commerce
- Information Systems General
- Information Systems Web Development
More About Thiel
Thiel is proactive in meeting the needs of ALL students! For example, their Office for Diversity and Inclusion offers useful resources and student organizations designed to create a learning environment where every student can succeed and feel supported.
Thiel also offers a unique first-year experience for new students, which really makes the transition to college life so much easier. Another great perk for your homeschooled-to-college kiddo. The First-Year Experience (FYE) program is a series of events leading up to the first day of classes, including icebreakers, seminars, social events, and a welcoming weekend. Homeschool to college with Thiel is an excellent choice for your transitioning student!
Check out the college website and see what else Thiel has to offer!
- Homeschool to College with Thiel College in PA - January 15, 2021
- Online Homeschool Art Curriculum with Atelier Homeschool Art by Arts Attack - May 8, 2020
- When You Want To Quit Homeschooling: 10 Things To Do Instead - November 15, 2018
- Encouragement for Families Homeschooling Through Hard Times - January 26, 2018
- Adding Life Skills to Your Homeschool Curriculum Line-Up - October 9, 2017
- Easy Environmental Science Experiments for Homeschoolers - March 23, 2017