Easter is my favorite holiday – in our house it’s even bigger than Christmas. Even before we started homeschooling, we did a ton of Easter activities leading up to Easter weekend. Thanks to Pinterest, there is no shortage of inspiration, either.
While crafting for the sake of crafting is fun, I enjoy doing crafts and activities that either have a message, or can be used to practice skills we’ve been working on. I can’t wait to incorporate some of these educational Easter ideas into our homeschool lessons this year.
Educational Easter Ideas: Art
- Cross Suncatchers – These are so easy to do, even with preschoolers. They also make cute gifts to hand out on Easter Sunday.
- Pom Pom Easter Egg Painting – This is fun alternative to using a paintbrush, and your children can play with different sized pom poms to vary the print pattern.
- Coin-covered Cross – This craft uses up all your spare coins lying around the house, and serves as an object lesson for your children.
- Paper Bag Donkeys – These are a cute idea for Palm Sunday.
- Paper Plate Easter Baskets – This is a step-by-step tutorial to make an Easter basket.
Educational Easter Ideas: Science & Math
- Easter Egg Toss – This is a simple game with many variations. It can be used to practice number recognition, addition and subtraction, or multiplication and division, depending on the age of your child.
- Guess The Number Egg Game – This is a fun way to practice number recognition and counting skills.
- Jesus Washes Sins Away Science Experiment – This is an awesome experiment to demonstrate how Jesus washes our sins away.
- How Big Is The Bunny? – Here is an Easter math activity for preschoolers and toddlers.
- Tinker Basket – This is a great idea for kids who love to create.
Educational Easter Ideas: Literacy
- Alphabet Egg Match – This is a great activity for your preschooler to practice upper and lowercase letter recognition.
- Easter Egg Syllables – This activity uses plastic eggs to practice reading two-syllable words.
- Easter Egg Word Families – Another clever use for plastic eggs is to practice word families.
- Bunny Hop ABC – This is a fun game to practice letter recognition.
- Hatching Beginning Sounds – This is an activity for your preschooler to practice matching beginning sounds.
What are your favorite Easter crafts and activities?
You May Also Like
- 15 Valentine’s Day Handicrafts Homeschoolers Will Love - January 15, 2018
- 21 Healthy Christmas Recipes - December 6, 2017
- 15 Educational Easter Ideas For Your Homeschool - March 21, 2017