This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our privacy and disclosure policy for more details
Sometimes a blank page can cause a lot of internal struggle for students. The fear of messing up can cause a kid to be stuck on where to begin. But, having a simple prompt can spur them on as they write out the story that pops up in their imagination. We’ve gathered some of our favorite homeschool writing prompts to share with you.
- Creative Writing Prompts for Kids All Year from Sallie Borrink
- 30 Summer Writing Prompts by Sara at Embracing Destiny
- 7 Writing Prompt Printables For Beginning Writers from Christy at PK1HomeschoolFUN
- Printable Science Writing Prompts by Marci at The Homeschool Scientist
- How to Beat Writer’s Block for Teens With Prompts by Jen at Practical, By Default
- Printable Farm Writing Prompts from Erin at The Usual Mayhem
- Creative Writing Prompts for Young Writers by Ashley at Forgetful Momma
- Spring Preschool Story Prompts by Selena at Look! We’re Learning!
- 25 Fascinating and Silly Writing Prompts for Your Homeschool by Sara at Classically Homeschooling
- 17 Writing Prompts to Encourage Critical Thinking by Ginny at Not So Formulaic
- 642 Big Things to Write About (book review) by Bonnie at the Koala Mom