We’re sharing our favorite, best, cool and amazing Christmas homeschooling ideas for you to incorporate into your holiday season with your family.
Homeschool moms, we all know that even when we take an official break from school work, learning never ends. We can instruct, guide and inspire learning every single day. Learning happens best when children are interested and engaged. They are never more engaged that during the Christmas season.
There is so much that can be taught during this time of the year. Perhaps it’s life lessons about serving others, or how to make a pie. It might be a nature lesson while ice skating at the park. Whatever you are doing you can look for ways to homeschool even when it’s not an official homeschooling day.
This week we’ve gathered 30 links for your reading pleasure each with Christmas homeschooling ideas for you to consider for time with your kids throughout the holiday season.
- The Inventions of Christmas by Amy at Milk and Cookies
- A Homeschool Christmas by Ticia at Adventures in Mommydom
- 7 Christmas Break Activities for Families by Sara Elizabeth at A Mama’s Story
- How to Keep Your Kids Reading with Amazing Christmas Stories by Sara Dennis at Classically Homeschooling
- I Have No Gift to Bring: 5 Low Cost Ways to Make Christmas Special by Michelle at Homeschool-Your-Boys
- 8 Ways to Add Christmas Cheer Without Breaking the Bank by Michelle at Homeschool-Your-Boys
- My Favorite Christmas Tradition – You May Want to Try It! by Michelle at Homeschool-Your-Boys
- To Continue or Not to Continue? 4 Ways to Homeschool During the Holidays by Michelle Caskey for Life of a Homeschool Mom
- 50 Online Courses for DIY Gift Making by Beth at Techie Homeschool Mom
- 6 Reasons Homeschoolers Shouldn’t Buy Gifts by Beth at Techie Homeschool Mom (encourages DIY gift making)
- Free Christmas Traditions Online Unit Study by Beth at Techie Homeschool Mom
- Christmas Around the World Online Unit Study by Beth at Techie Homeschool Mom
- 5 Exciting Ways to Reduce Holiday Stress in Your Homeschool by Shelly at There’s No Place Like Home
- Christmas School Plans: Accomplishing Homeschool Memories by Melissa at Soaring Arrows
- Creative Homeschooling in December by Cindy at Our Journey Westward
- Learning About Our Lady of Guadalupe by Dianna at The Kennedy Adventures
- Christmas Activities for Catholic Kids by Dianna at The Kennedy Adventures
- Winter Shows for Preschoolers by Dianna at The Kennedy Adventures
- Christmas Movies and Shows to Enjoy with Your Children by Dianna at The Kennedy Adventures
- Christmas Books for Kids and Families by Dianna at The Kennedy Adventures
- Fun Ideas for Winter Learning in Your Homeschool by Dianna at The Kennedy Adventures
- Writing Christmas Break Lessons by Christia at Faith Filled Parenting
- History Christmas Break Lessons by Christia at Faith Filled Parenting
- Last-Minute Homeschool Christmas Ideas by Emily at Table Life Blog
- Homeschooling through the Holidays by Sara at The Homeschool Post
- Celebrating Christmas with Art by Sara at The Homeschool Post
- 35 Christmas Books for Kids by Sara at The Homeschool Post
- 29 Must Read Winter Books for Kids by Sara at The Homeschool Post
- Tracks in the Snow: a Winter Nature Study by Sara at Embracing Destiny
- The Science of Snow by Sara at Embracing Destiny
Some fun ideas on these blogs isn’t there? What are you doing to inspire learning during the holidays? We’d love for you to share your Christmas homeschooling ideas in the comment section below, or hop over and join us on our iHomeschool Network Facebook page for homeschooling conversation throughout the day.