We say it often, homeschooling is life schooling. Yet, we sometimes get so caught up in the schooling part that we miss the life part. Our children are growing up fast, and before we know it, they’ll be graduating and heading out into the big world as adults. We don’t want to leave them high and dry, we and to prepare them for many aspects of life. So that, they are fully prepared to face the demands of life as adults. That’s where life skills come into play.
Whether your students are planning to go on to college, trade school, or begin a career right out of high school, it’s important for them to know how to take care of themselves. They’ll need basics in financial planning, meal planning, laundry and more. Which is why we’ve pulled together a list of posts from the iHN bloggers geared toward helping you to know which life skills are essential for a well-rounded adult life.
12 Life Skills Topics to Explore for Homeschoolers
- 30+ Life Skills Your Kids Need by Tiffany at Homeschool Hideout
- Adding Cooking to the Curriculum by Alison at Learning Mama
- Chores & Allowance for Children by Ashley at Forgetful Momma
- Don’t Fail Your Kids! 10 Life Skills Teens Need Before They Graduate by Dachelle at Hide The Chocolate
- Handicrafts and Life Skills: Making Them Happen by Cindy and Our Journey Westward
- How to Find the Time to Help Your Kids Learn to Cook by Jen at Practical, By Default
- Important Skills to Learn While Homeschooling by Ashley at Forgetful Momma
- Learning Life Skills by Ashley at Forgetful Momma
- Learning to Play Music in Homeschool – Renée at Great Peace
- Life Skills as High School Electives: Home Economics and Shop Class by Heidi at Starts At Eight
- Life Skills Matter (so why do I treat them like extras?) – by Shawna at Not The Former Things
- Tired of Homeschooling in a Messy House? Have a Life Skills Day! by Shelly at There’s No Place Like Home
What life skills are you focusing on in your homeschool right now? We’d love to know! Share what you are working through in the comment section below.