This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our privacy and disclosure policy for more details
Do you ever find yourself comparing your homeschool to that of others? Sure you do! We all do it from time to time. When you get stuck in comparison mode you can begin to feel dissatisfied, worried that you aren’t doing enough. Or, that somehow your child is missing out on certain topics of study. You might worry that there are gaps in learning when compared to other kids their age, or worse, public schooled kids their age. But we have to remember what Theodore Roosevelt said, “Comparison is the thief of joy.”
Mom’s in this digital age that we live in it’s so easy to put your own homeschool under the comparison microscope. When all around the internet from blogs, to Pinterest, to Facebook you are getting a peek into the homeschooling lives of other moms. But, you must remember… no two homeschools look alike, nor should they. Your family, your children, your lifestyle is unique and the way you structure your school needs to fit YOUR life and the needs of your children.
“We have to remember that the “Pinterest Perfect Homeschool” is not real.” – Alisha Brignall, Giving Up On the Pinterest Perfect Homeschool.
If you are doing the best you can do and keeping your goals in mind for your own children then you are doing well. If you are seeking their highest good and providing for their unique learning styles and adapting learning to meet their needs, then you are doing all that you can do.
Don’t get caught up in comparing your homeschool, or your child to someone else’s. It will only make your children feel pressured. And, it causes you to question what you are doing and your own goals.
Moms, you’ve got this! Just be you, and do what you can with what you are able to provide.
The Homeschool Mother’s Journal
To join Homeschool Mother’s Journal choose from the prompts below to create your own homeschooling post on your blog. Then, add your link to the widget below.
- In my life this month…
- In our homeschool this month…
- Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
- My favorite thing this week month…
- What’s working/not working for us…
- Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…
- A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
- On my blog in case, you missed it…
- Copy or Download the above image
- Add it to your blog post and link back to this post using this link: https://wp.me/p2BXdi-58O
- Note: This image is for sharing the connection between your post and the link-up, it’s better suited at the end of your post, and your own pinnable image is better for the beginning of your post.
- Visit at least two of the blogs to encourage the other mothers.
Do you have a Homeschool Mother’s Journal to share? Join us by linking up your own post below. Click the little blue button below.
- Free STEM Morning Board Printables - March 13, 2019
- Would You Rather Questions for Kids: Autumn Themed - September 21, 2018
- Fabulous Fall Fun Facebook Party - September 10, 2018
- Back to Homeschool Gift Basket Giveaway Event - August 6, 2018
- 101 Reasons to Consider - February 12, 2018